View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2020 at 06:35 AM

Well, Friday the 13th was certainly a bad day for me! Doctor gave me results of annual blood test as I'm on meds for hereditary high blood pressure. Told me I've got high cholesterol and Type 2. Can't say I was surprised but it still shocked me. My diet hasn't been great for a number of reasons.

Doc wants another blood test, plus urine in 3 weeks' time (early April) then appointment with him is 2 weeks after that, to confirm T2 diagnosis. Realise this problem can't be resolved overnight, but felt there was a hidden message in his request. Already cut down on chocolate, having plain only. Reading more labels, careful with amount of fruit I eat (yes, counting grapes!). Do drink a lot of water, although add no added sugar squash because it's horrible without. Only use about a teaspoon anyway.

Because of Covid-19 have been unable to get dried or tinned beans, but will be buying when they're back on the shelves. Already seeing signs of weight loss, as belly and middle fat now has rippled effect. A sign that something's happening. Also noticed not as tired as I was.

Will come back to this forum regularly to read experiences and contribute. Know there's a long way to go, but really have to address this problem!
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220, unaluna