Grand Member
Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2020 at 12:42 AM

Hi steppers,

Back here after a few days with my focus on getting a good enough draft of this grant thing done. Well, did it and shipped it to our consulting coach for her looksee. Even then, spent nearly 2 hours over about 50 words this morning. Getting them right. As Mark Twain said, the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

Or like that quote attributed to lots of people: worked hard all day—spent the morning putting in a comma, and the afternoon taking it out again. Mark Twain? Flaubert? Oscar Wilde? The winner is: Oscar Wilde!

One of my distractions is reading books about writing. Right now it's The Way of the Writer by Charles Johnson. In one essay he speaks to the important of creating good exits from scenes in novels. This idea proved very handy as it helped me sharpen the close of the answer I worked up this morning.

Also, in the depth of this amazing turn of society due to the c-virus, I stepped up and bought my next computer so I can get it set up before the one I'm working on decided to give up the ghost with a logic (mother) board failure.

Going with a Macofalltrades early 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch, with 16 GB RAM, 420 GB storage, 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, and 1 year warranty. $1100. I barely understand what difference the i7 makes over the i5, or 3.1 Ghz makes to 2.9 Ghz, still higher is better and to step up just added $100. The other model had just 8 GB RAM, so getting 16 is great on its own.

I hope,
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna