View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Mar 25, 2020 at 03:08 PM

I don't know, but I can say that I talk out loud to myself all of the time. I even do so in public, sometimes. What I say seems interesting to me, but maybe it wouldn't to others. Really, often I just say odd-ball random things or even repeat phrases or make noises. Just yesterday, hubby came into the bedroom from his office asking who I was talking to. I just told him not to worry and that I was talking to myself (and to go back into his office and leave me be). Only about 20 mins ago, I was in his office with him and started to talk to myself. He became annoyed and told me to be quiet (he is working), so I just went to my bedroom and shut the door. I'm happy.

Sometimes I just write and write, whatever. Just write. The whole typing on my keyboard is pleasurable for me, too. I call it "the dance and flight of my mind and fingers”. Really, I feel talking is similar. If one mindfully pays attention to the feelings produced by talking, it's like a pleasurable dance. The feel of the lips and the tongue moving. The air being pushed out and in through the mouth. The noise itself can be soothing or bring about many other sensations. That's often why I make odd noises or repeat phrases. Noises and phrases. Phrases and noises. Ssss. Ssss. Ssssssss. That is rather ticklish.

I sometimes lounge on my bed, and while thinking, act out thoughts with gesticulation. Or I wave my arm(s) up, like a conductor does to make music. I think many times, when I'm driving, people think I'm talking on the phone. Maybe they wonder if I'm cursing them out. It can certainly look like I'm letting out a shout. And then there is the car dancing. That's usually done to music, but it may or may not actually be playing from the radio. It could be playing solely in my head.

Have you ever seen or heard a little child doing any of the above? If so, it likely makes observers smile. Maybe I'm no longer a child, but I can still play in this world. I don't always need others to play with. Or sometimes what comes from my mouth, through my fingers, or through other bodily expressions, is stress, pain, or other bad feelings figuratively vomited out. Has anyone ever felt sick to their stomachs, but after it comes up and out, a flood of relief sets in? Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Mar 25, 2020 at 03:29 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Fuzzybear, unaluna, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
unaluna, Wild Coyote