FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2020 at 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabyunbound View Post
I actually tend to be an introvert -though am very friendy, if that seems like a dichotomy- and a bit socially anxious, and yet when I'm hypomanic, all of that melts away. Or rather, flies away in a big, earthshattering burst.

I lose all social anxiety, I become very much an extrovert, I think I'm the most brilliant person in the world -and let others knows it, in some way or another- am hyperactive (including little needed sleep), hypersexual... I do a 360, I completely change.

Though when it turns to mania, the hyperactivity turns into the unbearable need to move and as if bugs were crawling all over me, the extroversion and hypersexuality turns dangerous, the delusions start to take me over.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't turn inward, I actually very much turn outward.

Thanks! I am definitely also a lot more open and less socially withdrawn when hypomanic, though I had mostly attributed that to increased self-esteem. However, I still don't feel the need to go to parties and such. I guess I tend to channel most of my increased self-esteem into intellectual pursuits, new hobbies, and the like.

I do, however, experience hypersexuality. For some reason I hadn't thought of that as extroverted behavior, but now that you mention it I definitely think it makes sense to view it as such.
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462