Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2020 at 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
There were some things that I did when I was depressed and anxious that effected others in my life or resulted in me isolating and not putting in the time neccessary to stay connected to some people. I am doing a lot better now but it takes time for the people I effected to heal from how I effected them. I also became a bit obsessed with what was wrong with me. After having a breakdown, it takes time to get our life back on track. Also, remember that sometimes we change and outgrow some of our past friends. Not that we aren't still friendly but sometimes people change and need to find friendships that better match what we are becoming. My breakdown changed me a lot. Perhaps my new focus means that I need to focus on a new group of people. I have experienced the feeling of someone feeling like my judgement cannot be trusted due to things that happened in the past. I recently brought it up when this type of comment was made and we discussed it. Opening up a discussion about it helped a lot. In the past, my mental illness would cause me to be afraid to tackle these feelings head on with the person that was causing doubts about the relationship. Being open about my feelings is helping.
You know, I think you are completely correct about people changing over time. Friends do come and go. It is a part of life.That is great that you have been able to discuss some of this with others and make some progress. i have not had much of that, unfortunately. But there is always hope...

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut