Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2020 at 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Coyote View Post
I have found this to be true for me over the years. As I change, I grow and vice versa. I think the term "becoming" is perfect. It implies continued growth and transformation into my best and/or my truest self.

We all have a lot to shed in order to discover who we already are. We usually have a lot of baggage from our (especially childhood) experiences. We have the expectations others place upon us. We have the projections from others upon us. We carry these things and more. We might mistakenly adopt them as ours.

Not only are these burdens heavy and tiresome, they are not truly who we are. They obscure our reflection in the mirror and cause us to misperceive our truest selves. They do not define us unless we grant permission for them to do so.

As we heal, on every level, we individuate from these burdens, which we begin to realize belong to someone else. We move along a continuum of transformation, more and more closely approximating the truth of who we already are, our truest selves.

We are already our truest selves; yet, we cannot see this, we cannot own this, we cannot step into all of who we already are without shedding and rejecting the falsehoods previously put upon us and eventually adopted by us.

As we heal and move away from that which we had erroneously adopted as our own, we finally see our reflection much more clearly . As we see much more clearly and individuate from the deceptions, we can then more powerfully move into our own and choose to exercise our freedoms to step into the Truths of who we really are.

The path of discovering the existence of our truest selves might be experienced as overly arduous. Do not be discouraged. The Homecoming, the discovery and the celebration of our true identity, promises to gift us with great freedom and incredible empowerment. Our hearts sing with joy.

Love to All!
Just perfect.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, Fuzzybear, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote