Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2020 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
I work for a nonprofit that provides counseling to at risk kids. We normally see the kids at school. With schools on distance learning in our state that's a no go. I initially the agency suggested we do home visits. I freaked. I am one of those people at high risk if they get this dam virus. The powers that be quickly decided home visits were not a good idea. I suspect someone pointed out the liability risk if we did them. For all the happy talk about everyone in the agency being family, the reality is they don't give a rat's teeny tiny backside about us.

Anyway.... we are now all working from home. I've never really like phone counseling, but it's the only way to provide services right now. Oh yeah, the powers that be at the agency suggested we use Skype, Facetime, Zoom, etc for sessions. I made myself unpopular when I pointed out those apps are open to hacking and not HIPAA compliant. I was told HHA will not fine anyone for using a non-HIPAA compliant app right now. I pointed out that just because the Feds might not fine us, it's still not ethical.

Sorry, I got on a roll.
Zoom gets routinely hacked and isn’t safe at all. Most school districts only use it as a meeting time for adults and not on confidential topics. Not talking to children. I am surprised they want to use that for counseling. I’d say phone conversation is the safest.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, lizardlady, TunedOut