Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2020 at 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Check on nextdoor app or website for your area and see if anyone is sewing and donating or selling masks in your area.

The only reason my husband and the rest of nursing staff now has masks is because my coworker’s mother sewed and donated a 100. She is sending 30 more today because not everyone got one. And now hospital patients are freaking out and many want to wear masks too but hospital doesn’t have them

Hospitals don’t even give them to staff. They don’t have them.

Oh i wanted to send her some fabric for masks and couldn’t find any. Stores are closed here and there is nothing online. I found some on amazon that will be available in two weeks. So you cant even make masks if you wanted to!
My mother is actually making masks at her home and offered them to us. My father works in nursing homes and offered to get us a couple from there, though I said ONLY IF they can spare 1-2. I definitely don't want to take away from anyone in a facility working or living there who really needs it, you know?

We bought a package of 10. He thinks he can use one for an entire week before it must be retired, though I have no idea how long they truly last.

It's a scramble now for everyone to find masks. First they said we don't need them, then they said we do. Go figure.

When I go into stores, I see the cashiers wearing masks now.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, TunedOut