Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2020 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryz25 View Post
I was wondering how common this is for people with CPTSD.

I experienced intense trauma from a very early age onward. I didn't have a safe space, so I invented one in my head when I was around 12 years old. It was clinically delusional. I believed I had special powers and that I was needed for the balance of the universe to be preserved. As I got older and got away from the toxic environment, they slowly started to fade. Sometimes I still have thoughts like that when I feel really powerless and afraid.

In my 20s, I survived a life or death situation. I'm 31 now, but for the few years after it occurred, the analogy I thought of was like I died back then. And it felt like this was all a purgatory dream. Or that I was just the reanimated corpse of whoever I (he) used to be. Something left behind. The remnants of what was left. To be clear, I didn't actually believe I was in purgatory or that I was a zombie. It was a feeling that I put into words.

How common is this?
how common is it to have dissociation that includes delusions or do you mean how common is it to be dual diagnosed (diagnosed with more than one disorder or problem at the same time)

if you mean the first one having dissociation that includes delusions in the dissociation diagnosis it is not common at all, in fact in 2013 new diagnostics for mental disorders happened. one of the diagnostics for dissociation problems is that reality remains intact (in other words no delusions, no hallucinations)

BUT a person can be diagnosed with two different disorders at the same time example...

one diagnosis dissociative disorders
the second diagnosis delusional disorders.

both in the same person.

the second situation is very common. most people who have dissociative disorders ………..also...……… have other disorders too

example some with dissociative disorders also are diagnosed with ptsd disorder. some people with dissociative disorders are also diagnosed with bipolar disorder, or anxiety disorders and so on. theres no limit of how many disorder labels a person can have at the same time as having a dissociative disorder.

hope that has helped answer your question.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote