View Single Post
procrastinator110
procrastinator110 has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Apr 27, 2020 at 05:14 AM

Thanks for answers to both of you

Nice to hear that i am not the only one fighting with this problem.
I will try the best to write a journal here, it helps with the motivation when other people are looking on it.

A it seems, i tried the "Emotion identifying" exercise as it is written in the psychological self-help website. And identifying the emotions.

It seems it has something to do with that I seek perfectionism in actions that requires to go of my comfort zone.

That is probably why my brain want's the perfect information before it wants to do anything, but fails in the long run. No matter how much information I absorb my brain seems to know truly inside that no amount of information can guarantee the expected outcome I want out of a situation. My true self (intuition) seems to know about this, but the intellect tries to take over each time and procrastinate about doing the thing I don't like and fear.

It seems to that i have some fearful desire attachments.

Desire to control, Desire perfectionism, and desire approval when it comes to social situations. And also fear of success and failure.

The thing is that I function normally when it comes to things like work. I have a side-job while studying. And I can meet on time, do the work properly and all that.

When I meet with my friends, partying etc, i also function normally. People would never see or find out on me that I have procrastination problems if I don't tell them.

The problem seems to be when it comes to trying new things, where i will procrastinate. I will try to take new steps all the time.

Today I managed to Focus, Study in straight 4 hours without a single distraction (looking into the phone, reading Facebook, watching youtube)

But I can't just clap in my hands and be delighted yet because the important thing is to keep having such results. It's like smokers decide to stop smoking, they stop smoking in 14 days in return to it. That is what i want to avoid. I am looking for permanent changes.

I have plans to try mindfulness practice, where I try to sit without any single distraction and try to find out what is happening in my head.

Take care guys!
procrastinator110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mopey, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Mopey