View Single Post
procrastinator110

Member Since Apr 2020
Default Apr 28, 2020 at 05:32 AM

Update 28/04-2020

I decided that I will post here once 5-7 days (week) and keep my process updated with you. Not only to motivate and benefit myself but to benefit others with my process, so people can see how they can change themselves and see what works for me.

I practiced mindfulness yesterday in the evening, it's a good practice, I was able to clear out all distractions and I did what the Olympics do. "Progressive muscle relaxation" before mindfulness, and when my body is totally relaxed (every muscle) I am able to cut out all distractions and my longings for procrastination, I was able to sit quietly in about 40 minutes and reflecting over my thoughts. This progressive muscle relaxation works wonders. Every time my brain want's some youtube, Facebook, or anything like that. I say quietly "stop" to myself and do the muscle relaxation. Then I can actually stop procrastination.

I did that 4 times until now. And I can stop the bad habits when my body is completely relaxed but these longings for procrastination returns later. So it is not just enough for me to relax the body in the long run, so I decided another method, read below!

I decided to stay up early in the morning today and felt so good. This "A (morning person) and B (stay long at night person" is some myth. If you really want to wake up early in the morning it's possible, and you feel so much better!

So after doing the progressive relaxation thing a few times, then I studied straight 3 hours and my willpower battery was depleted i could not do it anymore, progressive muscle relaxation also did not work anymore.

So instead I decided to take a break and instead of procrastinating I decided to go out for a run, about (50 minutes). Traning Cardio is a really good thing, it made me feel better and I was able to study again later. And it gave me some self-esteem boost which gave some power to my willpower battery, I came home and I could again study

For now, as it looks like:
-I will do mindfulness practice every meaning together with progressive muscle relaxation.

-When i get totally relaxed I will try to work with some psychotherapy by myself. The thing I currently use is Working through unfinished business: Uncovering the repressed feelings that still mess up your life.

From Psychological self-help website Chapter 15, step five.

It's a technique by "Muriel Schiffman" and it seems to be an important one, as "Mopey" here said that that I need to find the reason to find out why I procrastinate.

Gaining insight into my deep repressed emotions is the first step I need to find ou I believe. It's very limited what I know now about my emotions, but when I finish studying for today, I want to gain some more insight.

It seems that my procrastination problems are a concealed emotion. Usually, my procrastination comes up as a pleasure for doing other things, and when I force myself to do the things I need to do I experience boredom, but when I truly try to uncover the emotions there is some fear involved.

And I think as I said before it has something to do with "desire" attachments to perfection, approval, etc.

I will keep you updated.

Take care!
procrastinator110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Mopey