Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2020 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers View Post
We were hospitalized for ER surgery. Couldn't walk after. Insiders being kept quiet by one who does medical stuff. Then five days into our stay, suddenly a cacophony of voices screaming we had to get out of there now. Suddenly shakily on walker, in hospital gown we are heading for the door. Everyone was panicking wanting to run out. Totally unable to walk.

Nurses came running in. Thought we were in severe pain and loaded us up with meds. We lied to Doctor to get released a few days later. We never do that. Never lie. Never endanger our surgical recovery.

Nobody inside seemed to know what caused this. Then yesterday we had two rehab home session in a row. During the second one felt that panic starting. Insiders said it was everyone in the masks. Had to get away from them. Whatever it took.

Know we have trouble wearing a mask. It reminds us of events during abuse. We start holding our breath. But don't understand why other people wearing them is so affecting us.

Anyone else having trouble with other people in masks? Or any insights?
I never had a problem with mask wearing. even at holloween, or any other daily or special events where costumes, masks, mask making in elementary school you name it not a problem and heres why... since I was DID from very early childhood any time I got triggered by something I would dissociate and the alter whos job purpose reason for being created by my minds dissociative abilities took care of the triggering situation. example if thunder storms was the problem then rainy took care of it. example of now my mask alter would do things I remember being in 2nd grade and we had to make these paper masks and decorate them for thanksgiving. I remember looking at the paper with the drawing of a mask and knowing I had to cut the drawing out, color it and then put feathers, glitter, string on it. I remember feeling my dissociative symptom of sinking the next thing I remember is sitting at my desk holding a completed mask. another situation halloween my parents had bought me a casper and wendy plastic masks and were asking me which one I wanted to wear that night. the next thing I know Im home again from trick or treating holding wendy mask in one hand and a bucket of candy in the other happy that I went trick or treating and got some candy.

my point is since here in america masks are part of almost everyones normal every day and special events life like holidays, birthday parties, school activities, where DID is concerned there is ..... Usually...... an alter that deals with these normal part of life events like mask wearing if thats a trigger. DID is a dissociative disorder where if someone is triggered another takes control and handles that trigger. so ask inside and find out who is the one that usually handles these triggering mask situations and ask their help.

my suggestion since you are co conscious (can hear the insiders) maybe ask inside who is the one that takes care of problems associated with masks all through out your life time and ask that alter to handle the situation for you.

my next suggestion is contact your treatment provider they may have suggestions on how to handle hospitalizations, covid 19 and mask wearing.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote