5 yr Member
9,664 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2020 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiier View Post
Hello everyone,

I just started therapy in the beginning of February and I have spoke a little bit about my childhood to my therapist. This is the first time that I have tried to work on my past. I am having a lot of trouble after each session where I get very depressed for a day or two afterwards. Ever since I started going to therapy I have been obsessing about all the trauma and all these feelings that I have been pushing down since I was a kid are now bubbling to the surface. I have a lot of trouble telling my therapist and any other person in my life about my childhood. It is very hard for me to verbalize it and be vulnerable. I would really like to be able to talk to talk to some people who have been through this. I am wondering if it would be better to process all of this with other people who have dealt with similar situations rather then going to therapy, I know I should do both but this is harder then I thought. Do I need to talk about all the bad things to heal from this?

Katie
I understand how you feel! I went to therapy did one session and was hit with emotion I didn't want to feel and suddenly my therapist vanish.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote