Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2020 at 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
I have an issue with people in gloves, a huge issue with it (and I know it isn't the same,) but it also connects to my abuse, so I hate it- I think people in gloves are

Possible trigger:

I don't know how I feel about masks. I would refuse to wear one myself, (simply because I would worry about breathing), other people in them.... I do feel anxious about it, but I don't get as bad as the gloves

I wish gloves were banned
here in america, in many cities and towns its manditory to wear masks any time you go out of your home, here many towns cities and states are in lock down with curfews where only designated essential people are allowed to go to work then home again. my point is that its not a choice for most here thanks to coronavirus 19. we dont get to choose whether to wear one or not, we wear one because its the law / state orders to do so. think of it like if your local government told you that in order for you to go grocery shopping, go get TP, your meds, travel in public transportation (bus, plane, taxi, sub way system) you have to wear a mask or you would be refused service or getting on that bus, plan, taxi, subway. thats how it is here. we dont have a choice. our government has said this is what we must do so we do it. right now even professionals like physicians and mental health treatment providers are not seeing anyone who does not have a mask on in the waiting room. if you dont want to wear the mask you have to stay home. see your doctors / therapists by way of phone calling or video calling. one of my children has not been outside for over 3 months because she refuses to wear a mask and here its the government orders to do so. many public and private schools and colleges across america are now closed children are being homeschooled by their parents using corriculum put together by the childrens teachers. once a week I put on my mask, gather the childrens work for the past week, take it to the drop off points for each of the childrens teachers, collect the packets of school work for the next week, take it home, take off my mask and through out the week teach homeschool the children. when I need to go to the grocery store that mask goes on. then when I get home it comes off. its just the way it is here in america now and masks are going to be mostly manditory for a long time here according to various state governments until a vaccine is developed, wearing masks is our new normal.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451, Wild Coyote