cptsdwhoa
Veteran Member

cptsdwhoa One day, one step at a time

5 yr Member
441 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2020 at 11:10 AM

@Alatea

Thank you so much for sharing. It is a great comfort that, while incredibly sad that anyone would know what this is like, I'm not alone. It also is of great comfort that you've found some relief so maybe it's not impossible for me. Thank you again for sharing. I have a dear friend that is further down the path of recovery, and she was explaining how my body is probably doing what it can to deal with the trauma while I face it in order to heal through it. It's coming out in weird ways.

I'm starting to come out of the fog that I was in for the last two months. I've noticed that they aren't so bad when I verbalize my thoughts and feelings. Some issues are still too difficult and "compartmentalize" things in my head (if that makes sense) in order of readiness to deal with it. That has helped me to take baby steps and stop most of the tics.

You mentioned that you're experience has shown you that it takes a lot of self-work care. I do believe that you're right. That was one of the biggest issues with which I was struggling. It it still, admittedly, very difficult to accept at the moment that I'm not (insert toxic self criticism here) but am healing right now. Embracing that is proving difficult, but once my therapist mentioned we should work on my self-care (not just what you do but how you view yourself with compassion) a lot of the tics stopped when I could finally listen to what she was saying. So, I see that's a lot of what I need to learn. Thank you again.

Hugs from:
Alatea, Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Alatea