View Single Post
delightful
delightful has no updates.

3 yr Member
13 hugs
given
Default May 19, 2020 at 06:08 PM

I checked out the Barbara Sher link. A blast from the past - that's the best way to describe it. I was expecting a page, not a whole month.

So about me - I'm getting sucked into to the stay at home and do nothing mode. It feels okay, but I can tell it's not good for me. Tomorrow, I'll have a couple of errands to do.. usually, once I get outside, my energy goes up, and I can get things done.

Today, however, will be a garbage day. I did get some editing done, and a wee bit of gardening in. Maybe I'll do some more editing, or clean a room or write a letter or all of the above before I hunker down and watch TV.

I took a few steps backwards with my editing. I found a place on the Internet that said you almost never put a comma after "and" So I used "find and replace" to remove any commas that came after "and" or "but". In case you're not bored with punctuation, (I am.) the commas in question came when a clause followed the "and" and "but" - as in - And, in spite of my better judgement, I removed the commas. Took another look at the grammar rules, and, sure enough, the commas belonged in the sentence., so I've spent the last few days, adding all the commas back in. (Which takes a lot longer than removing them.)

Hope I'll be more productive tomorrow.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna