View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 21, 2020 at 08:21 AM

I am certainly the age to be experiencing perimenopause. I am 49. A while back, I suspected it could be starting because of my tendency to sweat suddenly with just light activity. Or maybe that was more anxiety? Or my psychiatrist said just being out of shape. I asked my gynecologist about it maybe three or more years ago and she said that I was not yet going through perimenopause. My periods were still normal, so perhaps she was right back then. But these past few months they haven't been.

I had no period at all during the March-April time frame. Then I got it finally the next month and it seemed normal (7 days long, which was my life average period length.) But instead of coming back after the standard 28 to 31 day cycle, I got it a second time only 17 days after the beginning of my previous period. I am now on day 8 of this second one. I think it is almost over, but I am not sure. I have taken an iron supplement recently, given the length.

Is the above normal for perimenopause? Particularly the two periods in a short time? I have been severely stressed out for a good two/three months, about unrelated things. I wonder if that is playing some part? Just missing a period wouldn't have bothered me as much. When I did, I wondered if it was hyperprolactemia from my Seroquel, but maybe not. No lactation.

I did schedule a video session with my gynecologist for mid next week. [I will be fully dressed the whole time ] I had had an annual face-to-face appointment with her scheduled back in March, but it was delayed twice because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Note: I have also had ovarian cysts and cervical polyps for some years now. They have always been benign, but I wonder if one of them is playing a part in my period chaos.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; May 21, 2020 at 08:53 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Goforward, possum220