View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2020 at 03:29 AM

I am in perimenopause and kinda actual menopause. It started when I turned 42. Sweating, irregular/no periods. I had bloodwork once and it did not show menopause. I had a uterine biopsy to check my levels too. Then this past fall I had an appt with a new GYN(I am bad with keeping up with it, I admit) and the symptoms were worse. I hadnt had a period from 0ct- dec. They checked my hormones again and I am officially in menopause. I am 45 now.They tried me on a hormone pill but it made me bleed two weeks out of the month. Right before things got bad at the beginning of March I had to follow up with a jerk doctor who basically told me that if the hormone pill was doing that to me I may not be ready for it. I was told to wait a few months and come back to discuss options. It was really hard to be taken seriously due to being "too young" for menopause- even though it can happen at my age. The sweating and insomnia has been the worst part of it. Its not like BPII insomnia. Its a very distinct feeling.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45016, Anonymous46341, downandlonely

Thanks for this!
*Beth*