Default May 22, 2020 at 07:48 AM

Was I right?

Last week, I did a regular old part of my job. I

(1) reviewed my information (on my own)
(2) realized that something was in need of action
(3) took action
(4) once all was ready I asked my boss if I could do x,
(5) he said, yes,
(6) I executed the plan and completed what was necessary, on my own.

This week, my boss (I don't know why) proceeds to send around an e-mail to my work group -- congratulating us on completing this transaction.

Um, what "us"?

This transaction was 99.9% me. The two other people he was congratulating as "we" failed to even respond to my e-mails and had zero to do with it. I was shocked that he seemed to be spreading credit (honestly for something that wasn't even a big deal) to people that were not in anyway involved. His e-mail started with, "not sure if you noticed but this got completed last week" as if it magically happened. As if the transaction elves made it happen?

I could NOT take that. I sent an e-mail to him that was pretty nice but I had to stick up for myself. I told him that he had previously mentioned he had a hard time keeping track of things from home but from where I sat what was done was 100% done by me.

He responded that he understood that and would be telling another boss. That wasn't my point but to avoid making a larger deal out of it I just kept my mouth shut.

Obviously the tone was that I was raining on his parade.

Got to say I am on my last legs at this point... I have lost all faith in this guy. He does NOT appreciate me in anyway. I don't understand why this keeps happening. Since we have been working from home we have had a few run ins - mostly because he cannot remember who did what, and just hauls off and says something that isn't accurate. (of course, seeming to slight me).
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely