View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 22, 2020 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I am in perimenopause and kinda actual menopause. It started when I turned 42. Sweating, irregular/no periods. I had bloodwork once and it did not show menopause. I had a uterine biopsy to check my levels too. Then this past fall I had an appt with a new GYN(I am bad with keeping up with it, I admit) and the symptoms were worse. I hadnt had a period from 0ct- dec. They checked my hormones again and I am officially in menopause. I am 45 now.They tried me on a hormone pill but it made me bleed two weeks out of the month. Right before things got bad at the beginning of March I had to follow up with a jerk doctor who basically told me that if the hormone pill was doing that to me I may not be ready for it. I was told to wait a few months and come back to discuss options. It was really hard to be taken seriously due to being "too young" for menopause- even though it can happen at my age. The sweating and insomnia has been the worst part of it. Its not like BPII insomnia. Its a very distinct feeling.

This sounds frustrating that you have to wait through this. I hope you can get past these symptoms soon. Thanks for sharing about your experience. It is reassuring to me to know that perhaps my symptoms my not be so very concerning.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote