View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Although I live in a state that has far fewer COVID 19 cases than a state like New York, I can’t shake the sensation that where I live in the South is no better off than areas hit much harder. In the region where I live the pandemic is not just a health scare, it’s a crisis of carelessness. The huge crush in general to reopen when cases are still skyrocketing and the numerous people who I see in public areas like grocery stores who lack masks and don’t practice increased personal space makes me shake my head in annoyance. My family and I have noticed in our town that traffic during the shelter in place order for our county was the same or even worse than usual. There is a shimmer of hope where I live, since I live in the boondocks and have only seen 15 cases for our county on the news, but I can’t even fathom the non-compliance to CDC recommendations being multiplied to an enormous scale in areas like my nearest metro area with over 1-2 million, where cases are nearing 8,000. I’ve been making the best of my situation, since I’ve become more and less a ranch hand on the land I live on, and needed a “people break” after several years of college and toxic relationships. But I’m a germaphobe to the max thanks to anxiety, so I’m constantly worrying about infecting my parents, my grandmother, or even my pets, even though we only get out to go to the grocery store now. As strange as it is for me to say this, being at home for almost a year with an inconsistent online job is what I needed. So I’m not wanting to wish my life away. However as I discussed in a previous post, I have began to shift my blame to people such as my careless friends as the sole cause of what is in my opinion, a worsening crisis making a reopening of my home state seem premature. My opinion may not be correct but that’s how I feel.

Does anybody else feel annoyed with society as a whole not practicing extra care during this time? No hate comments or political speak please, I’m just looking for someone who understands and feels the same way I do.

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, lizardlady, unaluna, WastingAsparagus