catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2020 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
@BethRags you said periods can be normal in perimenopause? That makes me wonder. I'm 37, so a bit young, but my hair is thinning on top, and I've been wondering if it's hormonal. Maybe I should get my hormones checked.

Yes. For most women, perimenopause actually begins very subtlety in our mid-to-late 30's. Generally, at that time periods will be a bit heavier or come closer together. Of course, for each woman there are individual ways that peri. manifests. Periods might be about the same as always, too.

I think that most women are taught to think of menopause as "all of a sudden my periods stopped." In reality, menopause is years of hormonal changes, some subtle, some overt. And menopause isn't usually done as soon as periods stop. For example, my periods stopped 2 years ago, but I still have times of horrible hot flashes. Hopefully, they will completely stop soon...

That said, if your hair is thinning I strongly suggest that you tell your gyn. Push for a hormone and thyroid panel. Thinning hair is definitely not a normal part of the process of menopause. No woman needs to lose her hair...start with getting tested. Good luck!

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341