View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,042 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 28, 2020 at 05:54 PM

Today was horrible, exhausting. We are under full quarantine and my husband and I had to request a 3-hour permit to go to the grocery store. The car has been acting up, so we both had to go so someone could sit in the car with the engine on.

My husband stayed in the car. I went in to shop. There is a guy behind a plastic shield checking temperatures when you enter. The car was starting and stopping, so my husband was calling me to say put back the frozen stuff, since we may need to call a tow truck, then, the car is working, get the frozen stuff. The cashier had to void my transaction since I wanted to buy beer and that can't be sold before 9 AM. When I was finally at the register, I realized the pack of chicken I had bought was open, so I had to change it. The cashier mistakenly scanned both packs and I didn't realize until I got home. I am usually really organized about checking the receipt before I leave the store, since it is common here to have problems with pricing, like the advertised discount isn't applied. But, with all the chaos, I didn't check. My husband was annoyed about that.

I rarely cry these days, but the stress we are living under here just got to me today. They have extended quarantine until at least June 5th here, we have the world's highest recorded new contagion rate right now, although I imagine in part more tests are being carried out than in neighboring countries.

In the end it seems like he was able to fix the car issue. There was a problem with a fuse.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, mote.of.soul, WastingAsparagus

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul