bpforever1
Magnate

bpforever1 has no updates.

5 yr Member
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 05, 2020 at 04:02 AM

I still have scars but cover them up with makeup. I am not perfect either. I am trying to improve my appearance though and bought some daily soft contacts. It has changed my appearance dramatically. Now, my eyes stand out. I am happier! Someone also said that it looks like I lost weight. I thought it was a nice compliment.

I believe you will recover from your acne soon. I would not let a temporary problem dominate your life and how you feel about yourself. I hope your thyroid condition improves and that you clear up your skin. Please be patient. I had horrendous acne too from bad diet and too much stress. I have scars now. However, they are fading into lines on my face. I am getting old and what matters in the long run is not perfection but how you feel about yourself. I know you feel awful now. But,time will heal and hopefully your condition will improve too. Character is important too. Superficial appearances only matter in certain situations. When people get to know you and see past your looks, then your personality matters more. I would not allow your flaws control your self-esteem. I have flaws all over my skin too. I try to hide them too or just let them be. I just accentuate my attributes, rather than focusing on my flaws. I hope you will be able to do so too.

I admit when I was younger I felt like you did. But,as I aged, I realized looks are temporary and that the content of my character is more important. I did not care about my looks for a long time either. Now, I care about my appearance because I can and feel better about myself. I am not just talking about my skin but also my weight. I also wear makeup to enhance my looks. I am sure your situation will fade away and hopefully your skin will improve.

Please don't let your flaws be the center of your life. Find something good about yourself and focus on this.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated