View Single Post
Whereto52

Member Since Feb 2020
34 hugs
given
Default Jun 16, 2020 at 04:25 PM

for 2 years now I am not able to focus on a task activity. My mind is always somewhere else. I have tried to get my focus in again but it won't work. I try to avoid activites/hobbies or school stuff where I need to concentrate as long as I can. The frustration is just too much. The moment I can't get my mind to stay on the topic I will get frustrated and angry. Then I start to punch my table to cool down because like my mind, my emotions are also hard to regulate.
Everytime I am drawing my head just isn't there and my mind feels stressed. There are moments sometimes where I am absorbed while drawing but they are 2-3 times month. And the second I take a look at the clock because the thought of what time it is has crossed my mind I go back to being unconcentrated.
I told my therapist about both issues but he did not even gave any type of advice or help.
I am at the end of my first semester and really need to be able to concentrate.At the moment I belive that my mind just doesn't take anything serious enough to give any **** about the urgency of being able to concentrate.
My depressiv episode is long gone and I should be able to focus but I am not.

There always seems to be a gap between my inner world and the world on the outside.
Maybe my brain is broken or I am just stupid and incompetent.

Why is this happening? What should I do?
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Kriss