View Single Post
Whereto52

Member Since Feb 2020
34 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2020 at 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloivar View Post
Hm, if this only began 2 years ago I do wonder how this started. Any significant live events or physical injuries that occurred during that time? Or perhaps it's a development?

Sorry your therapist wasn't able to help. I hope that he's only been unhelpful regarding these issues? Perhaps it's not something he's particularly knowledgeable on. Unless most of the therapy has been about these issues?

As for the issue itself, well, the possible explanation that consistently came up in searches is adhd. If you haven't checked already, perhaps the symptoms align with some of what you're going through. But honestly, this is something I would have thought a therapist would have already been able to identify as a possibility. Maybe next therapy session you can emphasize the issue?

Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
The therapy hasn't been only about those issues but he isn't really helpful at all. Everytime I try to talk about topics that I find to be relevant, he just steers the conversation into a different direction.

As for the head injury or specific events, i am not sure. Though I think I never been this unfocused before. Not that I know of. My mother had the same problems and my brother too. But I wouldn't start with adhd for now because I don't want to overanalyze again. The thought had crossed my mind though.

Yeah, I will try to get him to talk about that issue with me. It will be one of the last two sessions and so far he hasn't been helpful in any way. Better make the best of it while I still can.

Thank you for answering
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote