View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 27, 2020 at 01:24 AM

Just got word that we've secured another grant I wrote! This time for $450,000 to establish to "evidence-based" standards a dance program keeps seniors moving, supple, and standing (not falling). Till Dec 2023.

WooHoo! No sooner had I finished my celebratory Whoop than Dear Partner reminded me of all the hassles ahead dealing with temperamental artistic personalities. Then I remember a bumper-sticker sentiment from my early adult times: if you don't have hassles you don't have a job.

But wait—more success mounting up: our front siding on the condo is 99% finished and the fresh roof is 100% done. Yet to do the walk around to sign off on the work and kick in the warranty period of one year, add new lights, and paint the deck walls with water resistant paint. In due time.

Back around March I began to look into possibly changing our insurance company for the whole building. We currently pay State Farm $13,800, with earthquake (EQ) coverage included—along with a whopping $25K deductible! SF regularly presented how lucky we were because very few carriers offered EQ coverage. I pointed out to my fellow owners that we should check that out at SF has two motives when they talk with us: answer our factual questions and prevent us from dating other carriers. Nobody tells me who to date!

Even the commercial insurance staff person at the insurance commissioner's office thought our deal was just fine and that it would nearly impossible to do better. Well, it wasn't easy, but when is something worth doing super easy? Found a carrier that offers comparable coverage, with EQ with a 5% deductible, and just $10K for all else. More? Same? No, No. Less! around $2,500 less.

So, I'm feeling that steady work sometimes delivers.
Enjoy the weekend, R

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote