View Single Post
Nitrous

Member Since Nov 2008
Default Jun 27, 2020 at 02:24 PM

I'm just going to start writing. Just consider a huge trigger warning to apply to all of this.

TRIGGER WARNING

I started smoking weed in high school, right before I turned 18. I've smoked off and on since then. Mostly through college, then rarely until meeting my current boyfriend. I don't believe that I've abused weed, and that's the only reason why I still smoke. But I didn't start this to talk about weed.

In college I started abusing pseudoephedrine. I used it all the time, I didn't eat, I didn't sleep. I spent close to a year doing that. I don't remember why I quit, but eventually I did.

I drank a lot, starting in college. I've done so much while drunk that I never would have otherwise. I was assaulted, I cheated, I had one night stands with random men, I drove everywhere drunk, sometimes blacked out. I was a terrible person when I drank.

My boyfriend and I used to play around with drugs, until last year. We've shared an addiction to cocaine, and used it whenever we could. A few years ago we started using opiates. Started using pills for pain, then because they were fun. Eventually we started using heroin. For a year and a half we used, but didn't think it was bad because we weren't using daily and we weren't getting sick. But early 2019 I overdosed, twice. The first time we were lucky and had narcan, but the second time he had to call 911 and the police got involved. It was a nightmare. A year long nightmare. That was the night we quit heroin. It's now been a year and 3 months.

Sometimes I feel ashamed of my past, but I know I can't change it, so it's whatever. I'm in treatment now, have been since my overdoses. I was able to get off opiates without meds, which was nice, but sometimes I still have cravings. Like some days I think about asking a coworker who uses if he can sell me anything, but I haven't yet. I jeed to talk to someone about that.

This has gotten long, so I'll stop. Might add more later, not sure yet.
Nitrous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
Bill3, bpcyclist