View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 27, 2020 at 08:11 PM

Pfrog, I would like to be able to work part-time. I come across many able body people employed at businesses that are full of ableism. The amount of bull crap that they complain about or see as an inconvenience because they do not want to be inclusive of individuals with disabilities never seem to amaze me. I had a manager at one of our local Best Buy tell me if I had grey hair and was in a wheelchair that his employee and folx in society would not attempt to violate accommodations that ADA covers. I explained that his lack of knowledge also showed in his employees. Many people are not aware or knowledgeable on ambulatory wheelchair users or individuals with invisible disabilities, individuals that use mobility aids and devices. I use a cane, accessibility devices at my residence as well. If I do begin to work part-time I’ll definitely put some thought into the company and position I take. I did file a formal complaint with our local attorney general and my case was accepted.

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006