Thread: Hand in hand
View Single Post
Xonyx

Xonyx has no updates.

3 yr Member
22 hugs
given
Default Jun 28, 2020 at 03:56 PM

I am currently residing in a safe house for domestic violence. I had him arrested for hitting me and he's currently on the run for the charges related to that arrest. He bonded out and no one knows where he is. So, that puts my safety in jeopardy. I'm trying to reclaim myself... Truly get to know who I am, as I've never been afforded the opportunity to do so. Or, so it felt as such. Being brought up in such a toxic environment and then going on to get myself mixed in with men that are also abusive really does make one question whether or not they're making right decisions. I'm currently in therapy, and so far it's helping me to understand myself and others a lot more than I ever have. The safe house staff is so supportive and encouraging. They're helping me get on my own two feet for the first time in my life. I feel excited about it. I'm going back to college and reinventing my whole self. It's hard, yes. But I feel great about the future. I will always have questions about my life, but sometimes the healing doesn't come with answers to those questions. I believe healing is coming to an overall understanding of what's happened and just letting it be. I don't have to know why so long as I give the past its place. Behind me. That feels good.
Xonyx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3