View Single Post
PrettyBoy17

Member Since Jun 2020
4 hugs
given
Default Jun 29, 2020 at 08:39 PM

Well, now that I think about it, the radio interview I'm thinking of was back when I lived in the city and it was downtown at a coffee shop with a live audience...so not the typical radio show/interview. I might get anxious about not being able to recall basic information (and as a result, look stupid), but if I have notes for myself, I'm fine.

It could be agoraphobia. I don't know much about it. I always associated it with being anxious to leave home. I guess unless I have a reason to go somewhere or even outside, I just stay inside. I guess I'm anxious going to events (even if I may be fine once I get there) because what if I went to the wrong place, or have the wrong time, or the wrong day etc. I guess changes in my routine or going to unfamiliar places can make me anxious. I would be anxious driving an unfamiliar route if it weren't for the gps on my phone.

None of this impacts me as much as being able to make and develop friendships/relationships due to being too anxious to talk to "strangers" or even less familiar people that I have met before. I'm kind of worried about this since I just moved somewhere where I don't know anyone.
PrettyBoy17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote