Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 30, 2020 at 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I think they mean well and just give you scenarios to be prepared. Actually it’s not a bad advice re divorcing without lawyers. My ex husband and I didn’t talk to any lawyers. We agreed on everything and then just tweaked it as time went on. But every situation is different. You can only hope that divorce is uncontested. I think your girlfriend is just preparing you to the worst case scenario. But I really doubt he’d stop paying.

I never found anyone helpful irl when it comes to relationships. I literally would do everything first and then informed people because people aren’t helpful. And not because they don’t care. They are just too involved with you to be reasonable
I'd like to hope we could do this without lawyers. I'd also like to hope he wouldn't stop paying the car lease.

I'm beginning to think I shouldn't talk about this with anyone IRL too much. All my girlfriend did was scare me and my mom pissed me off. My sister was better, I guess.

I ended up practically yelling at my mother over text after we spoke, asking her, so you're encouraging. me to stay in an abusive marriage?????

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jun 30, 2020 at 06:23 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote