View Single Post
Xerox

Member Since Jun 2020
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLady View Post
Why aren't you able to hold down jobs for very long? You may have a case to appeal for financial support. How long has your longest job been?

ASD is such a wide spectrum. I'm not sure I agree about BPD being mainly for women. I'm sure there's an overlap. Do people with personality disorders have trouble holding down jobs?

How ironic about your new job.. or was it planned to be closer to this guy?

I've had difficulty holding down a job due to both social anxiety and impulsivity. I walked out on my last two jobs.

The job I held the longest, almost 4 years at a clothing store, I left abruptly after shouting at an irritable customer. I had never done anything remotely like that before. I'd always been quiet and timid. That was 2 years ago. Ever since then my tolerance for rude strangers has completely evaporated. I've had a bad temper since I was a little kid, but it has gotten worse because now I have difficulty suppressing it in public.

Most of the time, I self harm as a way to express my rage towards other people.

I don't know much about personality disorders, but I would guess that they very well could make it difficult for a person to hold down a job, especially if they involve impulsivity.

I had an interview with the grocery store the very day that I first met the guy. It's an unfortunate coincidence that it is located in his town.

I didn't think I got the job at first, and I was relieved, because I didn't want to be stuck working someplace that put me within this guy's reach.

I did tell him about it, because I figured he'd see me there sooner or later anyway. If things are to end with this guy, I want it to be on good terms if we are going to be bumping into each other.

I was bullied a lot as a kid, from the time I was 8 until about 16. I think that might have arrested my development. I didn't grow up socializing with my 'peers'. I think it also has made me prejudiced against people my own age, therefore I'd rather be with an older man.
Xerox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote