View Single Post
PrettyBoy17

Member Since Jun 2020
4 hugs
given
Default Jul 07, 2020 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
Wished I had the power to send your unconfident to the rubbish so you weren’t afraid of being you. And display your personality. This is the right and the most pleasant thing to do by any of us. A first need.

I have been also going through life in most of the cases, wearing masks to hide my true self, which I considered inadequacy, different, embarrassing.
I encourage you to go on therapy. In regards to it, you felt it was helping you, somehow?

P.S.: Don’t feel forced to do anything. Only when you see yourself ready. It’s only my personal view, I don’t want you to take a risk that can mean you giving a backwards.
I think I spent too long in an academic environment (as in a university). Those places are toxic and cold. Going back to a high school environment, it was finally accepted to be energetic, to really have a sense of humor, to be unique, to even like your own thing and not what everyone else liked.

I do still live in a country where it can be dangerous to be anything outside of what is expected when it comes to gender. I can be refused medical care...I could potentially be assaulted or killed unless I hide enough to be “acceptable”. My job may be safe now because of recent Supreme Court rulings, but I’m not sure. It feels entirely like me against the world. I don’t have immediate allies in real life to help defend me if necessary and I don’t have the emotional strength to fight against everyone wherever I go about who I am. And people telling me I’m wrong about myself confuse me so then I wonder if I’m wrong about who I am. But it doesn’t seem safe to ever try to figure it out.
PrettyBoy17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote