View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 12, 2020 at 10:56 PM

Let's put this one to rest. If you haven't read Daniel Fisher's Book then you don't know enough to say something. He isn't the only one to go into Recovery. Yes, it is not a cure, but it involves Transformation into the REAL you. Wouldn't that be nice to learn from all the S*** people have to go through? Isn't that enough??!! In my mind and in many others Trauma is the root cause of "mental illness". and "mental illness" is a label.

Let's get back to the point of this thread. College is possible, and several people prove that recovery is possible. There is also Remission and rehabilitation and all three are different. Remission means that symptoms can return. Yes, there is that risk with anything. Rehabilitation is that people regain function. Whereas Recovery is the Label of Mental illness that is no longer needed. Which would you like?

Each of us has a different perspective. Mine comes from not giving up, and taking disability. I am not going to let a diagnosis define who I am, I will become better because of what I have gone through. Our Journey is ours alone. When we step up and take control of our lives, change happens.

What do you want?

@Aviza I ask you one question. What do YOU want? if you don't know, great!, If you do know, great! What you think matters, and don't let your trauma or diagnosis define who you are. Go for your dreams. You can do this!! Just like any other person.

Don't get caught into the "I can't" thinking. It's not worth the time!

To both @sarahsweets and @Devine1966 please read the book, and then study it out for yourselves before making a judgment. I've done the research, and I admit I don't know everything. I know you both spoke up for what you know. I respect your opinions, and I am very passionate about recovering a life that I love. I know that is not the case for every person. I don't know either one of you but, if you want to have further conversations about this please PM me, and I"ll share my opinion with you. Lets put the focus back on @Aviza and give our support for doing what is best for Aviza, based on Aviza's thinking.
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets