View Single Post
Ssigros

Ssigros I don't know how to fix my brain so I'll just keep making jokes.

5 yr Member
72 hugs
given
Default Jul 29, 2020 at 02:33 AM

Dear ex-T,

You broke my heart. I had broken up with my ex of 4 years just weeks prior of you "breaking up" therapeutically with me and you leaving me hurt way worse and was more significant to me than leaving my ex. Maybe you weren't the right T for me because I remember you telling me that you don't normally treat the intensive issues I deal with, but then why did you agree to continue to see me for over a year and tell me that you wouldn't leave me when you knew of my abandonment issues and obviously couldn't keep that type of promise in the first place? Yes, I trusted you as much as I could trust. It wasn't fully, but it grew little by little with each session. I tried so hard and gave so much in that office every week, then I felt left in the cold. I didn't even know our last session was the end til you told me 10 minutes in. No warning session to process and then end with an actual last session. Then you expected me to stay and get the information of other T's you already had ready for me. You looked sad when I stormed out without even taking the information you worked hard to get me, but why would I want to ever try beginning a new therapy relationship after that? Trust is now nonexistent. I'm embarrassed to say I cried myself to sleep everyday for a month and then off and on for a few months. I'm not upset with you. I know you were trying to help in the only way you knew how to do. I'm mad at the fact that I didn't heed your warning of your therapy expertise. Deep down I knew that I needed a therapist trained in working with my issues, but I made my decision to stick with you as my T based off my feelings and our chemistry. Tell me though, since you are the professional, why did you decide to still treat me?
Ssigros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
here today, koru_kiwi, Lonelyinmyheart, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
susannahsays