View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Bat_Orchid90 has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jul 29, 2020 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daffodils View Post
I'm so sorry you are struggling like this. It really does sound like you aren't getting the help you need, I couldn't find the right help for my son either...
I'm not any kind of person to say what I think because I'm not really experienced with autism and aspergers, but I have read lots of articles, and I think you are correct with your self diagnosis.
Not wanting to be touched is one example. Hard time being around other adults etc. like you've said. You know yourself well and that's a good start. I sure hope someone who has this will respond to you. @jimi are you around to help out please?

I'm sorry your parents called you messy, lazy, disruptive, tantrums.... it really sounds like they ignored you and neglected to get you the right help.

I'm very tired, I don't want to give you unsolicited advice, I just want you to know you have been heard. I wish there was a way that mental health care would provide you with further testing instead of just labeling it as anxiety. The mental health care is failing so many people. I'm sorry. Try to know you are not alone as long as someone is listening to you and hearing you.

Thank you so much, i really appreciate it<3 it’s hard to get out exactly what i think/feel so it’s nice to have someone understand a bit whats going on in my head. I worry about it a lot because i feel like I’m just wasting time that i could be getting specialized guidance. I have a counselor who kind of dances around the idea because she technically cant diagnose me, but she referred me to a psych that can and ive reached out to 2 individuals from there as well as several others within an hr from me and none of them responded saying they’d evaluate me :’( all
My emails get ignored or no calls...it’s so frustrating because my reg dr would rather push medication right away, and that was before i even seen a counselor. I just feel like many individuals in the medical field don’t actually want to help. They dont want to face a challenge, and it’s upsetting because so many wake up everyday and feel lost or suffer because we cant get answers or they charge an absurd amount. The few psychiatrists that responded said they charge 150-300 per session:/... most i found dont take my or any insurance:’(
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous445852, Discombobulated, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated