View Single Post
Vanaheimr

Member Since Dec 2019
97 hugs
given
Default Jul 30, 2020 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDC View Post
Yes when the outer appearance disappears that love appears to disappear, but love is still alive within us as you well know.

But the more I think about it, parents plant the seed of love inside us and it grows and becomes a mighty sequoia tree. That takes time and it is not always easy to see the inner growth. Part of what comforts me in the loss of my dad almost 4 years ago, was that he planted the seeds inside of me and they have been growing all my life. I was fortunate that he lived till almost 90 and when he left I was pleasantly surprised to find what I thought was outside was also growing inside.
@CANDC
@CANDC I'm sorry for your loss, obviously from your words you seem trying to cope with departure of your dad, as I'm doing everyday,
My mother has passed away and she only was 55 years old!! some days I feel that I'm coexisting peacefully with my mother's loss, but in some events and feasts I miss her more than anytime, everybody is around happy, music, laughs, lights, decorations, but I still feel like someone is missed,
As you said parents planted seeds inside us,
They gave us too much to remember, they planted and printed so many beautiful things inside us that have become part of us, just like their disappearance has become part of us and part of our lives, and we can do nothing to change it.
I'm really sorry for your loss ,what happened was unfortunately inevitable, we've got to live with that wound.
Vanaheimr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, CANDC