View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2020 at 11:20 AM

In addition to cPTSD, when I sought treatment I suffered malpractice and a string of related traumas inflicted by medical professionals, resulting in medically related PTSD.

Seeking medical care is very triggering for me, and since I'm an independent patient advocate, and studying to take the voluntary credential and licensing, a lot of my symptoms are being triggered as I study (flashbacks, nightmares, etc.).

I'm curious if anyone else has PTSD related to medical care and what your symptoms are like? I just kind of feel alone in this sometimes.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut, unaluna

Thanks for this!
guy1111, Open Eyes