View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2020 at 03:26 PM

Actually seesaw I do have ptsd challenges due to medical traumas and being treated badly.

I went in to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy and I woke up during them scoping down my throat and it scared the hell out of me. And when they did the colonoscopy they hit my spleen leaving me with damage and experiencing slow internal bleeding.

I actually gave myself two days to recover before working. By the third day of working I began to feel strange. By the time I got home I was feeling pain and was dizzy. I was treated badly for asking for help to drive to the nearest ER. Once I got there they gave me morphine for the pain which was getting worse and worse. I am actually surprised they gave me so much morphine not knowing what was wrong with me. I doubt they would do that now.

Yet I was treated like I was inconveniencing everyone as they did an MRI and had to wait to hear back from a doctor what the results were. They all wanted to close and go home and my problem was keeping them there. Then in a flash the mood changed when the doctor told them to get me to the hospital STAT because I was bleeding internally and could die.

After that I was put in ICU thinking I was going to be rushed into surgery like when I almost died when my appendix ruptured. I remembered thinking in the ambulance that I was going to end up having my spleen removed and have another ugly wound like before when they opened my entire body cavity up.

Yet they never rushed me into surgery and no one even told me anything. No doctor talked to me to let me know they were going to wait and see if the bleeding would stop. I was actually left there alone and not even my family said anything to me. I just laid there in the critical care unit.

Truth is that because I was injured by a doctor during a procedure elsewhere no one wanted to say anything as I was now considered a liability. It was horrible not knowing anything and just laying alone in critical care. Not knowing anything and just getting dosed with morphine.

No one wanted to talk to me and I could not understand why. It was awful! It would be weeks before I would finally hear why. I had to make my GP see me as he was the one who referred me to the doctor who did the colonoscopy. Finally he explained to me that the reason I faced the challenges I did was due to fear of liability.

I have a few medical challenges where I was treated badly by both doctors and nurses an EMT and other medical care workers.

As a result I genuinely have a problem with going to doctors and being treated by medical staff. I really could add so much more in this post.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
seesaw