View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2020 at 06:04 PM

someone once told me.... how can your curiosity disappear if you are still asking questions? I was like what the heck and she said see that now you are curious about what I meant when I said that.

her point curiosity never ends. from the moment a little toddler learns to say what til their life has ended the instinctual need to know things is there. its just as instinctual as the cave men picking up two rocks and looked at them and hit them together discovering how to make noise and fire and gathering berries and hunting all the way through the years from them to present. human beings have an instinctual need for safety and searching out things for their basic needs of food clothing and shelter...and this basic instinctual curiosity that human beings have has only grown not disappeared nor faded out into extinction. as long as something causes you to say "what" and go searching for your basic food clothing and shelter and safety needs your curiosity is not faded. then she told me to try something place a chair in the center of a room and not think. thats do not think. do not let your mind wander, do not ask yourself any questions dont say anything to yourself just sit there like a bump on a log and see how quickly that instinctual curiosity kicks it. it may be that favorite item on the wall or wondering how long you have been sitting there or whats on netflix right now, wheres my cell phone... you name it, the moment you purposely set out to not be curious, just sit there not thinking you will see that theres no stopping being curious, its instinctual, it just is what it is.

she was right no matter what I did I could not cause my curiosity to end or fade.

as for interests yes my interests changes over time because I change over time. every time I got a new job my interests changed to being things related to my co workers and my job, when I became a parent my interests because more focused on my children and what they needed, when I got married my interests changed again...

in life I have had many changes in what interests me at the moment. it is just a natural progression of me and whats going on in my life at the moment.

maybe you can start a time line, write out all the things you can remember about each grade in school that you attended. and write out how over time your interests have come and gone and how your life has changed, even when your interests changed through out your whole life you remained curious discovering new things and how to do new things and asking questions that led you to the answers you were looking for.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Photonate, RoxanneToto