View Single Post
Vanaheimr

Member Since Dec 2019
97 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDC View Post
Sorry to mention the future. I do not think much of the future aside from planning so I am prepared and so I can set goals. The present is where I try to spend more of my time. There is a video author that helps me deal with grief and letting go. If interested, here are a couple links
Mindful Acceptance

Follow Your Breath, not your thoughts.

You are much younger than me. I am older than your mom so for me the future includes planning what I want to accomplish with the rest of my life. You are young but we both have this life in front of us and I want to make the best use of it that I can.

With my dad I had to accept all the things he taught me and shared with me. They have helped me a lot to manage life. I also had to accept the things where we disagreed although I still feel the same, what is the point of holding onto differences? He and I both did the best we could.. I am accepting that now and it helps me move on with life with less regret or sorrow.

Thank you for your prayers. I have silent prayer times where I listen. I will keep you in my silent prayers.
The both links that you shared are very interesting! Made by that psychotherapist, I like the way he was interpreting and treating the topic, no music, no sound effects no visional ones, to avoid any sort of distraction from the listener,...I saw his face expression and his breathing he was calm and clear minded and he transmitted that state of mind to me!! Physicians say that the shortest distance between two points in the space is the straight line,
And that psychotherapist was short and direct.
Yes as he said Acceptance it doesn't mean necessarily surrendering to what's happening in the moment
it is the approval and not struggling against reality that we can't change
I need to accept, coz swimming upstream is exhausting and pointless, you can keep running in ur room but u ain't going anywhere...in the same time I need to forgive myself and to purge my soul of the feeling of guilt to have done things with my mother, I wasn't the best son in this world,
You made a good point the one about accepting things where u and ur dad disagreed, this is beautiful,
@CANDC Thank you for the links, and I'm very grateful for your silent prayers in which i will be always within. This is very encouraging and very reassuring.
Vanaheimr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, CANDC

Thanks for this!
CANDC