View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Aug 01, 2020 at 02:09 PM

This started this year in around the Spring with the pandemic situation. Before this I would say I had an average attitude to cleaning the home.

Back then there was a lot of panic buying and one of the things that the shelves were bare of was cleaning materials especially the antibacterial/viral types. I didn't get any in time and for a while I had to use diluted dish soap to clean my home. Eventually online I managed to order some proper antibacterial cleaner.

Anyhow 5 months on and I gradually increased my back stock of cleaning fluids/disinfectants. I have quite a lot and can no longer store them under my sink as no more room. They are all stored in a very orderly neat way (I was never so neat or fussy before!) Every now and then I get the urge to buy more when I haven't run out.

I read and watched a lot online about cleaning and sanitizing, and have very exacting daily routines I follow. I get panicky if I forget or something comes up and I can't do it.

When I am actually cleaning it's one of the few times I get a reprieve from the anxiety. I feel a comfort from the whole cleaning experience and the smell of the products.

I guess it's part of how my life has changed these last 5 months. Like many people it's changed in ways I didn't want it to. But the cleaning is almost something I cling to as my safe place.

Idk. It's probably not the worst obsession but it is a bit strange and I would feel embarrassed admitting how many products I have bought and stored.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451, Foo Fighter, TunedOut