Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Open Eyes Not a Unicorn, just another horse

10 yr Member
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 01, 2020 at 03:14 PM

I can understand how even reading certain medical related material can bring about unwanted feelings and memories. You are absolutely correct though about treatment providers being cold and distant as I have experienced that myself. However when I talked to health care providers often what I learn is how they are under so much pressure from insurance companies not only about patient liability but how they are instructed not to say anything that can possibly convey any mistake was made.

Then they also have to wait for approval when they want patients to have certain tests and insurance companies often require less expensive tests or procedures first when the doctor for example wants an mri instead of an X-ray.

Also insurance premiums for their personal coverage to practice is extremely expensive so they earn less when given how many years they invest to be a doctor is expensive and they tend to have too many restrictions that interrupt with the kind of care they want to provide their patients. This is part of why there is a shortage of doctors including psychiatrists.

And many of the ones we had got so fed up they retired early. So a lot of this frustration filters down to patients. Some states are worse than others in this respect.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote