View Single Post
delightful
delightful has no updates.

3 yr Member
13 hugs
given
Default Aug 02, 2020 at 06:54 PM

I'm afraid your time frame is right on, or even a little optimistic. Things I think I should get done in two months take about four years, and then some.

At the moment, the book cover is going well. My designer friend suggested I try iStock and I found a lot of good photos there. I have to pay for the photo, but not enough to make me hesitate. I found about twenty that I like. I culled it down to about ten, and emailed copies of the photos to my friend. So now, the ball is in her court and I have to wait.

On a way less cheerful note: A friend told me she was done - she was done interacting with humans. I didn't say the right things. I didn't know what to say.
I get depression. My answer to depression is to get exercise, see people, and get out of the house. All of this is made more difficult with COVID. I've been concentrating on myself, getting myself out when I start to get twitchy or down. And I haven't considered that other people might be having a tougher time than I am.
In response to my friend's statement, I wrote her a note saying sorry if I wasn't paying attention; I called a friend whom I haven't talked to in a while, and I wrote a comment in a neighborhood chat - "if you want to help get our schools, businesses and churches open, practice social distancing. This comment is designed for those who don't believe the threat is real.

That's three positive steps.

Next step - I'm leaving the computer and I'm going to water my garden.

Good luck, good wishes, good stepping.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote