Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2020 at 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I can understand how even reading certain medical related material can bring about unwanted feelings and memories. You are absolutely correct though about treatment providers being cold and distant as I have experienced that myself. However when I talked to health care providers often what I learn is how they are under so much pressure from insurance companies not only about patient liability but how they are instructed not to say anything that can possibly convey any mistake was made.

Then they also have to wait for approval when they want patients to have certain tests and insurance companies often require less expensive tests or procedures first when the doctor for example wants an mri instead of an X-ray.

Also insurance premiums for their personal coverage to practice is extremely expensive so they earn less when given how many years they invest to be a doctor is expensive and they tend to have too many restrictions that interrupt with the kind of care they want to provide their patients. This is part of why there is a shortage of doctors including psychiatrists.

And many of the ones we had got so fed up they retired early. So a lot of this frustration filters down to patients. Some states are worse than others in this respect.
OE, I'm not sure what this has to do with me having PTSD from medical care. A treatment provider being worried about insurance is a far cry away from experiencing malpractice that nearly kills you. I'm going to ask you not to turn this into a "have compassion for providers" thread when I'm struggling with my mental health due to what some providers did to me. I know you mean well, but this is not useful support to me. These people, regardless of being providers, acted in unethical and even illegal ways, and nearly killed me. And now I am challenged to seek Healthcare because of it. I suffered and survived abuse at the hands of these practitioners. I don't need to see anything from their point of view. This isn't a disagreement between me and them.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes