View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2020 at 01:34 PM

In my experience mostly on the bipolar and schizophrenia forums, maybe 95-plus percent of those who come to this site are simply looking for information. Either because they, themselves currently have or are concerned, usually for remarkably detailed and specific reasons, they may have a significant neuropsychiatric illness or because a loved one has such an illness. To my memory, in the more than 10,000 posts I have made, only two people seemed to just want us to give them a diagnosis. So, a bit less than .02 percent. Just my personal experience.

To me, the primary and overwhelming value of PC is that it makes accessible in one location at no cost literally thousands of years of patient experiences living with these illnesses. As someone with his own large prior clinical experience in another specialty, the value of this service to both patients and families is incalculable. It is expected of any group of humans in such an environment that people will compare and contrast experiences. That's simply human nature. Oh, you don't sleep either? You love Seroquel? Your pdoc says they aren't sure if you really have schizophrenia? Huh, mine, too. Etc.

We are all entitled to our own experiences. This issue is clearly a huge one for you. I don't see it. I see suffering people and families desperately seeking support.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, seesaw

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, Betty_Banana, Quietmind 2, seesaw