View Single Post
JustMeABC

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Aug 05, 2020 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear0927 View Post
Has anyone been diagnosed with Autism or perhaps Aspergers in their adult life? I have more recently been interested in getting an evaluation done but I’m not sure what to look for psychiatric wise, what are the steps, what i should know etc. i never noticed how “different “ i felt until maybe junior high? And every yr it just got more and more apparent that I function and think differently than people my own age... i am now im my 20’s and finding that while things i do work for me, I know it may not be normal so I essentially hide my “quirks” if that makes sense... but it’s just harder and harder , so I find myself becoming upset.. agitated, anxious... etc... i just want to find answers, and maybe the appropriate support or solutions ya know?
? I have a counselor but she can not evaluate/diagnose etc. and when i ask her opinion she just dances around it....i guess I just want to know what your experience has been like? Advice, etc.? Thank you!
My 30 year old son was just diagnosed in the Autism Spectrum Disorder. His neuropsychologist said that the term "Asperger's Syndrome" is no longer used. It is just within the spectrum. In his case, the evaluation was over 2 days, and cost $4650. The spectrum is so wide, that some on the borders just don't get identified until later years. But the evaluation is necessary to get life pointed in the right direction.
JustMeABC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bat_Orchid90, Discombobulated, RoxanneToto