View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 12:03 PM

Working tail off? Not much right now, but always plenty to do.

Today I'm commenting on the challenge mindset that someone just "discovered." Like grit and growth mindset, and the Americas, it was here all along and people were already inhabitants.

Anyway, it's fun to see research document what anyone who attends might notice. This from the Institute for Competitive Sciences:
What is this Challenge Versus Threat Business Really?
Put simply, the Challenge Mindset (or gain orientation) is when we view a stressful or competitive situation as an opportunity to increase our set of resources, while a Threat Mindset is when that stressful situation is viewed as an opportunity in which we may lose some of our already existing resources.
In my life, I played around with compound interest calculators and found that with just half of one percent—.5% or .005—of gain each time I did something, in a 140 iterations I'm twice as good as I was at the start. What this does is reminds me to cheer my 'small' improvements along the way. For example, I check in to PC frequently and go directly to my subscriptions page. I don't need the email notifications. One improvement was to adjust my general notifications setting. Probably helped but still get too many in my inbox. Next small tweak is to make sure that box is empty after I finish this note.

What this does is reduce the clutter a bit in my email inbox for, oh, let's say half of one percent.

My traffic yellow painting work interrupted due to rains today. Two days off. After the recycling is hauled away and if it's sunny, I'll tackle it tomorrow.

Using the time to map out how to apply for a new consultant's roster.

To the challenges,
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote