View Single Post
iraqvet75

Member Since Aug 2020
Default Aug 07, 2020 at 02:11 AM

i can relate to a lot of what you are saying. I kept trying to make things work probably log after they were unsalvageable. My ex would always put the blame on me for our problems. I do have mental issues with PTSD and depression and I know some of our problems were my fault. and example of this is she wouldn't share a room with me ever or have sex with me for months at a time. When I tell her I need some kind of intimacy with her she says there is no intimacy because I don't spend time with her. I would make an effort to spend time with her be it watching TV or out to eat etc. and she would tell me that it didn't count because I was only doing it for sex. When we talked about this I tell her that I DO want sex but that is not the only reason I spend time with her. I even pointed out that there is no path to making her happy in her scenario she is unhappy I don't spend enough time with her and she is unhappy if I spend time with her and it doesn't count because I want to have sex with her. clarification I was not spending time with her and then asking for sex I would spend a few weeks of making a conscious effort to spend more time with her and at some point try to initiate sex. She told me over and over that I was a selfish narcissist and I always put my feeling before hers. that I mentally abused her and was a sex addict. I know for a fact I made a lot of mistakes during our relationship but I honestly don't think I was as awful as she seems to think I was. During our relationship I talked to several therapist and psychiatrists due to my PTSD and depression and I would bring up what was going on in my relationship. they never would tell me if I was doing was wrong but they did screen me for narcissist and sex addiction negative results. I don't know if any of this helps you but I felt like I could relate.
iraqvet75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote